Assistive technology plays an important, though sometimes overlooked, role in the lives of people who are Deaf or hard of hearing.
Expert staff are available to assist with questions and advice regarding Assistive Technology such as assistive listening devices and alerting / signalling devices. Equipment may be borrowed from our lending library and items can be purchased and ordered through our staff.
Assistive listening devices include:
- Amplified telephones or in-line amplifiers
- Portable one-to-one communication devices
- TV listening systems
- FM systems
- Infrared systems.
Visual / Tactile Alerting / Signalling devices include:
- Smoke or fire alarm alerting devices
- Sound signallers
- Incoming TTY / telephone call signalling devices
- Specialized alarm clocks.