Hearing Health Services
In order to provide the highest standard of hearing health support IDHHC employs Doctors of Audiology and Communication Health Associates all registered and recognized by Speech-Language & Audiology Canada. These Hearing Health Services team members bring a wide range of expertise and knowledge to provide one to one and group services and information to individuals, family, caregivers and the general public on:
- Understanding and recognizing the signs of hearing loss
- Developing skills to communicate with someone who has a hearing loss
- Developing strategies for managing difficult listening situations
- Developing speechreading and auditory skills
- Increasing knowledge of hearing aids and cochlear implants
- Supporting individuals who use hearing aids and cochlear implants
- Demonstrating and sales of assistive devices
- Hearing loss prevention
Sound of Change
Sound of Change Initiative within the Hearing Health Services delivers service to low income and vulnerable persons with hearing loss.
For information or inquiries about hearing loss please feel free to contact our health team and we would be happy to help.